Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 slk230k roof will not open. When I press the button it moves normally then the motor begins to drag and it stops just a few inches off the top. Any suggestions as to anything I can do before replacing the motor?

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
My 98 slk230k roof will not open. When I press the button it moves normally then the motor begins to drag and it stops just a few inches off the top. Any suggestions as to anything I can do before replacing the motor?
Have the lubrication points lubricated and check to be sure the tension cables are all in place. I am assuming the roof comes unlatched from the windshield, because if not, then you have a switch problem and not a motor problem. The motor you hear is not actually driving the roof, it is driving a hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have the lubrication points lubricated and check to be sure the tension cables are all in place. I am assuming the roof comes unlatched from the windshield, because if not, then you have a switch problem and not a motor problem. The motor you hear is not actually driving the roof, it is driving a hydraulic pump.
Much thanks, I'll give this a try!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts