Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ML-320
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i just bought a 1998 ml-320 its my first car so im strapped for cash i want to do as much as possible for as little as possible i thinking about rims, chrome grill, tints and a better sound system what is the best website for mercedes parts

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
Welcome:
First off, you may want to make sure your ML is properly serviced. On a limited budget, you picked an expensive vehicle to service. Try to find out the history on your ML, and service the needed items, and then enjoy your modifications.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,120 Posts
portchop002 - 5/1/2005 12:29 PM

Hey everyone i just bought a 1998 ml-320 its my first car so im strapped for cash i want to do as much as possible for as little as possible i thinking about rims, chrome grill, tints and a better sound system what is the best website for mercedes parts
The late model chrome/silver grille is good, and wheels if you can afford them, as well as new style headlights & taillights. You truck is probably due for shocks, unless they've been replaced--get Bilsteins.

Some of the popular sources are For_My_Mercedes (remove underscores and and .com) for appearanace items, MercedesShop.com (http://catalog.mercedesshop.com/) for shocks and hard parts, Clair Motors (http://www.clairparts.com/) for factory parts.

Here's my '98 with 77k miles (to be for sale in 2 weeks to make room for my '06):

·
Registered
ML-320
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it only has 53,000 miles on it so i dont think i need shocks yet and i can ran a carfax on it before i bought it and everything checked out no problems what so ever plus i had my mechanic run it throw every test possible before i bought it

·
Registered
'98 ML320, '11 E350 BlueTEC
201 Posts
4benzes - 5/1/2005 8:52 PM

Welcome:
First off, you may want to make sure your ML is properly serviced. On a limited budget, you picked an expensive vehicle to service. Try to find out the history on your ML, and service the needed items, and then enjoy your modifications.
I agree with 4benzes, this is not the vehicle for someone on a limited budget. Any Mercedes for that matter is not cheap to maintain. Proper maintenence is key. Don't just do a carfax on it, go to a dealer and see if you can get the service history. Things to get checked out immediatly are the Harmonic Balancer and the center support bearing. You might also want to check to see if the fuel pump has been updated. The search function on this site will be essential to you.

Enjoy that truck, it's an amazing vehicle. Both mine and my Father's 98' ML's have over 130,000 miles each. There are many others here that have even more miles. Post up some pics and let us know what mods you decide to do.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
i have a 99 ML430.. With 109,000 This truck has had 2 tranny replacements. So save up for those big problems that these ML's are known for... Other than that..

If you are pretty handy, you can do most of the mods yourself... Such as the system and other small mods. I would use this forum as a resource for those mods, just don’t try to jump into it and think you know what you are doing. Learn from other peoples mistakes!!!

Welcome!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts