Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
instead of fiddling for hours does anyone know how to re-attach? (the wiring is still connected) i fiddled with it for a while but it seems like something is missing?? i'm a one month newbie mb owner and this site is great, and yes i found a thread that sorta discussed it - but any pics would be worth a thousand words

k.i.s.s. - keep it simple stupid

·
Registered
6,019 Posts

·
W210 Moderator
4,969 Posts
1 - there is no way that the 5# mirror frame assembly is going to become
detached from the door accidentally. there are three torx/phillips screws which
secure it to the door

2 - if you're referring to the mirror shroud, there is no wiring attached to that
for your model year unless you fitted aftermarket housing with LED. this plastic shroud/housing can become dislodged from the mirror frame through incidental
impact. if so, it can be slide back firmly into place until the wire latch (shown
in the video) snaps close.

3 - if you're referring to the 4 oz reflective mirror unit itself, it is secured to the
motor via dbl sided tape, then secured to the motor plate via locking spring wire.

...so when you say "mirror" which of the above three scenarios is most closely
represented?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I also am battling the removal of the driver's side mirror cover. My W210 mirror guts don't look like the one in the UTube video. It is very clear to work on but I am unable to locate a spring clip. Was there a change in the lineage? I have looked inside with the mirror pushed forward and aft but to no avail. Any suggestions?

·
W210 Moderator
4,969 Posts
in my experience, there were very minor changes...but not enough not to see
a straight edge spring, approx 4-5" long. i'm at work now but if you've not
resolved this by the time i get home, i can take photo of the inside of the
plastic cover and show the 'nubs' which the steel spring abuts upon and
which hold the cover in place.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Raymond,
Help. Maybe its old, old eyes, but with mirror folded forward and strong light no spring in sight but the coiled one that provides the tension to control the mirror. I'll try to shoot a pic of what I see and attach it. But I will have to wait til tomorrow when I have good daylight. I appreciate your help.
Keywasted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts