Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CL600
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Cable is a bit chewed but still solid and runs well in the range of the window. Can't really test it as there is a boat load of tension on that cable at proper adjustment and there isn't enough block left to keep it in the block. Looking at the block, it seems like this is a better match and therefore won't require a new cable?
One thing I did notice is that one of the guides that moves in the track has cracked an ear off. I looked on eBay but didn't see any, any other application or name other that "Mercedes Window Guides"?

Took the seats out of the back and with some help the rear headrest on the passengers side moves though it's a bit noisy. You have to help it to engage and then it runs fine. I'm guessing I pop the head rest out of the "carrier" and then pull the mechanism out sideways from under the bracket?

Thanks all

·
Registered
1994 S600 Coupe, 1995 S600 Coupe
2,017 Posts
Cable is a bit chewed but still solid and runs well in the range of the window. Can't really test it as there is a boat load of tension on that cable at proper adjustment and there isn't enough block left to keep it in the block. Looking at the block, it seems like this is a better match and therefore won't require a new cable?
One thing I did notice is that one of the guides that moves in the track has cracked an ear off. I looked on eBay but didn't see any, any other application or name other that "Mercedes Window Guides"?

Took the seats out of the back and with some help the rear headrest on the passengers side moves though it's a bit noisy. You have to help it to engage and then it runs fine. I'm guessing I pop the head rest out of the "carrier" and then pull the mechanism out sideways from under the bracket?

Thanks all
That block is the same thing. There are two separate cables of different lengths.

You have to take off the rear headrests to get the mechanism out. There are four screws holding them in place. Much easier if you take out the rear shelf. There's a write up here on how to take it out, and another on how to potentially repair the gears inside. However, I've since found that new gears are available from Taiwan.

Jon

·
Registered
1998 CL600
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
The headrests became less cooperative so I just moved on as I was not looking at getting into a fight with something this evening.

Carrier/center support bearing is trashed, completed separated from the housing. Of course the rear section of the shaft is the one that is different than an S600 so I'll have to pull the bearing off of the spare shaft and get it onto this one. I can't really identify one on Pelican Parts that's new to see if it's worth fooling with the old one but the exhaust came apart easy enough that I'm just going to try to take them off and the good one on.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts