Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 C280 and the power window switches are pooched, can anyone tell me how to manually raise my window or how to remove the window from the tracks itself so I can close the windows. The driver side window is completely open and the passenger window is about halfway, and we just got our first snowfall last night :( all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1998 c230 170K
1,415 Posts
So where they working o.k. before the snow? I would suggest trying the resync procedure before diving into pulling door panels and stuff. B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windows were previously working yes, the problem that occured is the fact that there was liquid spilled onto the center console frying the circuit board underneath that control the windows the trunk release and the side mirrors. The only way to fix the problem would be to replace the entire windows/mirrors/trunk button assembaly, which costs ~$600. In the meantime I need to raise my windows so I can continue driving my car, but the problem is turning the key in the door lock doesnt raise them and I don't know any other way to raise the windows manually. This would be why I would like to take the window off the tracks and have it closed in place somehow, but I do not have any idea how to get the windows off the track.

·
Registered
1985 500SEC; 1984 300TD; 1984 300CD; 1985 300CD; 1978 280CE
178 Posts
What about if you just ran jumper wires to the motor itself (bypass the switch) and raise the window that way. Once you take the window off the track, there isn't anything to hold it up (and it can be a pain to get it back in the right spot)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts