Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The easiest in-dash install I’ve ever done – there is a wiring harness! My 1998 C230 is equipped with non-BOSE system and no fiber optics. I wanted to start with an aftermarket CD player and really did not wanted to mess with any wires… It was 15 minutes install! “Metra� has a line of harnesses – “Smart Cable�. Took two pieces: Model 80-1784 (the adapter to the factory harness – designed for Volkswagen cars, perfect fit!!!), the second “Smart Cable� (the adapter to the aftermarket head unit), model will depend on the brand of the new head unit selected. The antenna adapter is also “Metra� model 40-VW10. Plug and play and no soldering! The speakers, the amplifiers and the sub – next week (I hope) :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Where did you get the cables?

Circuit City, they usually have a good selection of odd parts as well as the special order items like changer adapters for Alpine changers to MB, Volvo and many others...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also

If you get a Blaupunkt head unit, all yuo have to do is remove the old head unit, unplug the cables and plug them into the Blaupunkt. This method worked on my 99 SLK 230. However, I was not able to use the changer after plugging in the Blaupunkt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts