Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so its the middle of summer here in san diego california and the temperatures rarely hit above 85 degrees except for a few weeks out of the year and my a/c takes forever to get cold! itll take atleast 10 minutes just to start feeling some relief. sometimes ill have the windows down with the a/c just so i could get some relief. same goes with the heater. it just seems like it takes a lot longer to get cold/hot than usual. will charging the a/c do any good? does anyone have any steps on how to do it with those charging bottles you buy from your local auto store? i just dont want to mess up considering it could really do bad stuff to the car. thanks!

·
Registered
2000 C230 Sport
28 Posts
If you search youtube for the name of the charging product you buy at autozone/whatever there are always videos about how to properly recharge. If you do buy one of these systems, try to get one that has a long hose as the port to attach to the low-pressure side is a little deep in the engine compartment (at least in my car).

Or do what marvinstockman said and buy the REAL gauges and do it that way. You can also find videos on youtube about how to go about this process.

My system has a slight leak and every year at the beginning of the summer I recharge with the Autozone can and it stays cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts