Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for some time for an older model 500SLs, around 1992 but haven't found a good one for the right price. Just came across a beautiful 97 SL500 and am thinking of chasing this one. I've looked at it, driven it and love it. I'm getting it mech checked tomorrow. Is there anything in particular to check on this model? Would welcome any tips. Thnx!

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
So Bear . . . .

What did you end up doing on the 97 SL --- did it pass muster with your mechanic ?? Seems like a car without a lot of hidden surprises . .

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey CQRT - thanks for the follow up - got the thumbs up after a very thorough going over. ...

Hey CQRT - thanks for the follow up - got the thumbs up after a very thorough going over. These guys are thorough but came up with a handful of minor things - eg front number plate loose, driver's side door light needing a new bulb etc. The only thing of any significance was that the exhaust mounting was broken - of course, they agreed to fix that and everything else and I'm now driving an absolutely beautiful machine. Can't fault it. worth the wait - I'm very glad I gave the others a miss!

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Happy for you - - Congrats !

Sounds wonderful ! What part of the world are you located ?? It'd be fun to see a picture if you get a chance . . .enjoy !

CQRT in AZ

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers CQRT - I've now added a photo to my profile if you want to check it out!

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Greetngs Bear:
Haven't checked the message boards lately. Your car looks wonderful - - -So, after two months of ownership, have you been pleased with your selection ?
CQRT in AZ

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Greetings Bear:
Haven't checked the message boards lately. Your car looks wonderful - - -So, after two months of ownership, have you been pleased with your selection ?
CQRT in AZ

·
Registered
SL500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi CQRT
I couldn't be happier with the car - it was absolutely worth the wait for the right one. That panorama roof's got a bit of weight in it though, doesn't it! I won't be putting it back on in a hurry (and no need to anyway as I love doing that wind in the hair thing! Happy new year!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts