Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '97 SL 500 '40th Anniversary Roadster' Edition. Is there anything unique about this model other than that tag line embroidered on the floor mats? Are all '97s like this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: '97 SL 500

To the best of my memory, it was basically a optional cosmetic package that included a different interior wood color (lighter), wood on the steering wheel, a trunk CD changer, EVOII wheels and the metallic red exterior. Mechanically it was identical to the stock SL.<br> I don't think ALL '97s went off the line this way.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I found another owner of one of these and got the details. You were correct that the interior wood is lighter. It is Chestnut and unique to this edition. The other unique features are: Crimson Metallic paint with Black soft top over Parchment Interior, 245/45 ZR 17' Michelin Pilot SX Sports on RVO II Six Spoke alloys & 40th Anniversary Floor Mats. Also in the package was Leather & Chestnut Steering Wheel & Shift Lever & Six disk CD changer. They made 500 of this model. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I just purchased a 97' SL 320 40th Anniversary model. Still trying to figure what color was used. Does anyone have any information on these vehicles.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The '97 SL 320 40th Anniversary Roadster Edition (250 cars to USA) is Quartz Blue Metallic with Navy Blue top & Gray 'Exquisite' Leather. The wood trim is Maple Blue Wood. The above features are exclusive to that model.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks SWG for the info on the SL 320. Can you tell me where you were able to find this information, and do you know if anyone or anyplace has the original brochure?

·
Registered
'97 SL320- 40th anniversary roadster
26 Posts
Thanks SWG for the info on the SL 320. Can you tell me where you were able to find this information, and do you know if anyone or anyplace has the original brochure?
I think I have an extra one; need to figure out it's worth, but am willing to help a fellow Benzworld member :).
Shannon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts