Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S500V
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Just wanted to say I am very impressed with a 12yr. car that has been ultra reliable and has given me no issues what so ever. Knock on wood! I am the 4th owner and logged about 30,000+mi in about two short years of ownership. I've only done regular maintenance and focused on some suspension work and other very minor repairs, other than that still have original evaporator, transmission, engine, window motors, duo valves, glass, mass air sensors, etc, items that tend to fail about now. And every button and function in the car works!

Every time I go out of town and rent a car and return, I appreciate how nicely this S500 drives and especially rides. I rode in my buddies 04 Infiniti FX45 with 20"s and it was harsh! A couple of squeaks and nice V8 but the ride was rattling, I can't imagine going cross country in it.

Anyways, I can't see getting rid of it unless I find a clean 05 E55....:cool:

·
Registered
CLS350 C219 2006
582 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations, mine has done 233000 KM (145,000miles).
Needed a few bits, but engine is strong and car runs very well.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that one of those 3 previous owners has done some significant transmission work. The magnificent thing about a 119 motor is that it really doesn't have any weaknesses. Keep the timing chain in good working order and it's sort of unlimited really. In June of 1989 three 5.0 liter turbocharged 119 motors started in the 24 Hours of LeMans with 52 other cars. They finished first, second and fifth, apparently a slouch driver in the 5 car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts