Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a97 E420 that i parked in my garage last night and the next morning it wont start! it just turns over,and throws the code P1570, the only thing i can think of that would be causing this problem is i took apart the key that night... the batt. was long gone but a small black rectangle fell out and i lost it. The dealership says i need a new key, does this sound right?!

also i checked the fuel pressure and its good, is there anything else i should check before i buy this key for 300$

any help would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
E 420, 97
97 Posts
Code P1570: CAN bus signal from DAS to the ME-SFI control unit - DAS locked, signal interrupted, mismatched ECMs

the key has nothing to do with starting the engine, just incase lock the car manually and unlock with key then try to start the car, I don't know if it is going to help but it doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hello, i have a97 E420 that i parked in my garage last night and the next morning it wont start! it just turns over,and throws the code P1570, the only thing i can think of that would be causing this problem is i took apart the key that night... the batt. was long gone but a small black rectangle fell out and i lost it. The dealership says i need a new key, does this sound right?!

also i checked the fuel pressure and its good, is there anything else i should check before i buy this key for 300$

any help would be highly appreciated!
Please click user CP and complete your profile for vehicle and location, it's useful information.

I don't believe this is an immobilizer problem, but rather a PEBSAC issue (Problem Exists Between Seat And Cluster). Bottom line is that as you suspect you broke the key in your efforts and you have to replace it. Call around if you have more than one dealer in your area, they charge different prices.

It also sounds as though you only have one key, which is never a good situation. Then you could test your theory. Maybe the dealer will give you a special deal if you buy two.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts