Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
m104 runs a little hotter than m112 in my opinion, so i think the running temperature of your car is ok. mine always runs above 90, and it has passed the 100 mark a couple times when i have been stuck in really heavy traffic for a long time, i just open the windows and turn the heat on high for a few seconds and it comes down. the electric fans don't kick in until it reaches 107 i think, so you probably won't hear them since yours hasn't passed 100. there is a way to test the electric fans from the ac controls, but can't remember it.
you car is probably fine to drive, i would worry about this after you have finished what you had planned to do. then in a couple of weeks or a month, i would change the thermostat since it is so cheap and easy, and also i would drain all the old coolant out and replace it. mb recomends replacing it every 3 years i think. coolant is really cheap. but get the mb coolant or zerex g05 which states in the back that is mb compatible. use 50/50 mixture.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.