Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MBNZ E 320
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 97 E class which doesnt have CD changer but the factory radio has the option....My question is if my car prewired for CD changer...I checked the ebay there plany of out there... just want to make sure if it's prewired.Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Khach
Los Angeles

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Pull the molded carpet in the trunk on the drivers side. You should see a plug connector ...

Pull the molded carpet in the trunk on the drivers side. You should see a plug connector that is about 2" x 1/2" with 10 pins in it. That is the CD connector. You can get a "PIE" adaptor that is MBZ/ALP (Mercedes to Alpine) and save money and install an Alpine changer.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
I have a CD changer that is in my E55 but is not in use. I'd let it go pretty darn cheap ...

I have a CD changer that is in my E55 but is not in use. I'd let it go pretty darn cheap if you are interested.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
I can't use it since I have installed an aftermarket head-unit with XM Radio. In fact, ...

I can't use it since I have installed an aftermarket head-unit with XM Radio. In fact, I haven't listened to any cd's since I installed XM Radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts