Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

A buddy of mine has '96 C220 and every once and a while the car will die and the anti-theft red/green lights will flash back and fourth. The car won't restart and if you just let it sit the issue has gone away in the past.

I'm guessing it's something with the Immobilizer / Central Locking Module. Any other ideas? He's replace the key fob, the batteries in the fob, etc.

Anybody know if the Immobilizer Module needs to be replaced? OBD isn't showing any codes at all. Just a weird problem. Anybody know where the Immobilizer module is even located on the car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All,

A buddy of mine has '96 C220 and every once and a while the car will die and the anti-theft red/green lights will flash back and fourth. The car won't restart and if you just let it sit the issue has gone away in the past.

I'm guessing it's something with the Immobilizer / Central Locking Module. Any other ideas? He's replace the key fob, the batteries in the fob, etc.

Anybody know if the Immobilizer Module needs to be replaced? OBD isn't showing any codes at all. Just a weird problem. Anybody know where the Immobilizer module is even located on the car?
Just realized I posted to the wrong board. Sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts