Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone ok im having this reallyyy wierd issue this started happening a couple months ago i left the car out in the snow for a couple of days and ever since then whenever it rains i get water drops all over the rear window in the inside and also the inside of the sunroof and its got that wet smell in the car and then i started noticing white stuff coming from the holes on the rear left seat i put some pictures to show what it looks like and lots of moisture in the sides of the inside of the doors does anyone have anyyyy idea why this is happening ive jus had way to many problems with this car any help would be really apreciated thanks alot

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and also the white stuff on the seat just wipe it off with a napkin but it keeps coming back thanks

·
W210 Moderator
4,962 Posts
looks like manifestation of mildew. cause? hard to tell, but based simply on
what you have identified, condensation, leakage, gasket failure, plugged drain
vents....

try covering rear seat with plastic and see if it has collected drippings off the window/sunroof etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rear window and the sunroof seals seems ok to me but there is moisture around the sunroof seals should i just take it to a mechanic and show it to them?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Per raymond

check all the drain lines.
Then pull up the carpet in the trunk and look for water,and also check under the seat by the battery for standing water.Get on it now,that mildew will take over and ruin that puppy:eek:
:bowdown:eek:hlord
If you can't find it quick,get ye to a shop that can.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive checked everything and i dont see any water and rite now theres lots of condensation on the windows and the sunroof and the nasty wet smell wich is pretty gross

·
W210 Moderator
4,962 Posts
my hunch is that it's well beyond your level of skill now and you should be
consulting with your insurance company or dealer for recommendation as
to how to proceed insofar (moisture/mildew abatement). each day you
leave this undone and the problem is magnified exponentially. i'm guess
that you have water damage which is into the hundreds if not thousands
of dollars. get off the computer and call someone....now.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
my hunch is that it's well beyond your level of skill now and you should be
consulting with your insurance company or dealer for recommendation as
to how to proceed insofar (moisture/mildew abatement). each day you
leave this undone and the problem is magnified exponentially. i'm guess
that you have water damage which is into the hundreds if not thousands
of dollars. get off the computer and call someone....now.
thousands easy.

That rear seat is toast.

·
Registered
803 Posts
THat could probably be solved by a simple chlorox. . . Mix with water and apply inside , out of leather but avoid metal parts. can cause rust. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill try clorox i dont undersand why the hell this would happen ive never seen anything like this and all the moisture on the windows

·
Registered
632 Posts
Somehow the interior has absorbed a lot of moisture. Was the sunroof open while it was out for two days?

Mold forms when the relative humidity stays above 70% for a long period. You need to heat the inside of the car for an extended period to dry it out. You might try puting the car in a garage (preferably heated) and use a space heater to force hot air into the interior with all the windows, doors and sunroof open. WARNING: Don't set the car on fire with the heater!! Any discolored (dark) spots can be treated with bleach to kill the fungus, but it will likely destroy the color if applied to a fabric.

As already mentioned, you need to search for any pooled water such as under the carpets, in the frame, etc. Poke something thru the drains in the wheel wells incase they're plugged. Wet vacuum any liquid immediately.

Good luck.

The condensation you see on the windows and sunroof is due to the fact that they are colder than the interior and the humidity is high inside the car. Just like your breath when you breath on a cold window.

You need to make drying out your car the NO. 1 priority in your life until it's done.

·
W210 Moderator
4,962 Posts
THat could probably be solved by a simple chlorox. . . Mix with water and apply inside , out of leather but avoid metal parts. can cause rust. I hope it helps.
Bleach solution is good for the mildew, but unfortunately, it's only treating the
symptom and leaving the root cause of the problem unresolved. OP needs to
1) determine the cause of the water intrusion and fix asap, 2) remove water
from the inside of the seats NOW, then 3) treat the mildew....because to
simply jump to #3 will not solve the overall problem. the mildew will
return.

To the OP: it is crucial that you understand that mold/mildew is a cancer.
It must be handled asap or it will continue to spread...rapidly. It is a spore
and it grows....like some nightmare horror movie. Depending on an individual's
allergy and sensitivity, they can become critically ill as well.

Treating with bleach is topical and it's quite obvious that the mold
and mildew have permeated into the seat cushion itself. It's a
sponge and is retaining water.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so should i just mix some clorox wiht water and start applying it to the affected areas also where are all the drain holes ? have u guys ever seen anything like this and ive checked everywhere i dont see water sittin anywhereits just when its cold out and now being winter the windows get all condensed and thats when the seats get tuff comin out of it thanks

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Don't use clorox

find the water.You are wasting your time until you do.:eek:
Check the trunk gasket around the border.Check the sun roof drains the door drains every drain and gasket.
Get it to someone who knows what they are doing,Now:thumbsup:
ohlord:bowdown:
lift the seat and look in the battery area,water?
find it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts