Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 E320 Inline 6
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read other threads about the tumbler going out. This might be the case in my situation, but I am curious about why the car does not see that I have inserted the key, I have a blade key. I have the door open, the key in, and no chime/alarm telling me to take the key. Is this normal when the tumbler goes out or is this another issue. I have ordered another key, and I am having the same issue. I can get it to turn just a bit clockwisie..it makes a click. not sure if this is postion one. one note to add: I installed a aftermarket radio 2 weeks ago. Could this some how triggered some anti-theft feature that would lock the ignition down? Just trying to cover all bases. Thanks.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,707 Posts
Mechanical tumbler and electric switch are 2 separate items on the same shaft.
Looks like you are dealing with at least 2 separate problems.
I hope you didn't permanently locked the blockade, since it is a big headache. We do have pretty long topic about blade tumbler in W210 section and I believe W124 has some too.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1996 E320 Inline 6
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted in the 210 forum..and i was told to post here as well..I will get some quotes. I was hoping i could get the car started so I could at least save $$ on the tow bill or fix myself. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts