Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 E320 Mercedes Benz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done everything humanly possible to make sure its the switch.. its the switch :surrender:. I don't have the money to replace, right yet, so i need to find a way, if possible, to jump the switch and make the window roll up until i can afford the new switch..

can this be done??:bowdown:
a very hot and muggy merc owner! :mad:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I've done everything humanly possible to make sure its the switch.. its the switch :surrender:. I don't have the money to replace, right yet, so i need to find a way, if possible, to jump the switch and make the window roll up until i can afford the new switch..

can this be done??:bowdown:
a very hot and muggy merc owner! :mad:
First, you're better off posting model specific questions in the forum that is specific to your model, the W210. The general forum is...well, general.

I would not try jumping it. Rather, I'd pull the switch from the opposing door and use that to roll up the window. Then put it all back together correctly.

At least then you don't run a risk of shorting something out. ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
1996 E320 Mercedes Benz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 96 model is not like the 95 model..

96 the switch is on the console at the shifter. You cannot switch out switches..

and thank you I will take this to the w210 section.;)

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
the 96 model is not like the 95 model..

96 the switch is on the console at the shifter. You cannot switch out switches..

and thank you I will take this to the w210 section.;)
You're right, sorry, for some reason I was thinking of the seat switches. (Yes, I just smacked myself in the forehead.)

You can jumper power to the window motor directly. Shorting the switch would still be my "absolute last resort" idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts