Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1996 e300d
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fixed my leakey Injection pump's delivery valves and after putting things back together started the car. I now get a P0200 error code which is a open injector circuit problem. The car runs ok (and leaks are gone) but I dont have a clue as to where to start looking for the problem. Has anyone had the same problem? And if so what is the cure. THANKS in advance.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
I just fixed my leakey Injection pump's delivery valves and after putting things back together started the car. I now get a P0200 error code which is a open injector circuit problem. The car runs ok (and leaks are gone) but I dont have a clue as to where to start looking for the problem. Has anyone had the same problem? And if so what is the cure. THANKS in advance.

The P0200 OBD code are cross referenced by the following MB codes

P1220 IFI Fuel quantity Actuator

P1223 Fuel Rack Sensor

P1611 Internal reference voltage

P1613 IFI Control Module, microcontroller/quantity calculation

P1617 IFI Control Module, EEPROM or defective coding

P1622 Shutoff valve

You will notice that all the faults are injector pump or IFI Control Module related.

There are very specific individual tests to determine which is the correct one.

You don't have the tools or test equipment to complete the tests to determine the/fix the fault.

I would first clear the fault and see if it returns.

If it does you will need someone with good MB diesel injector pump testing experience or you can be foolish and start changing the three components------the shut off valve, the injector pump or the IFI Module. Don't listen to that advice. See a good MB diesel indy and ask his advice.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts