Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm brand new on the forum and a (very happy) new owner of a 95 sl320. I've been scouring the web for information on how to get into the console to replace the existing radio with a cd-MP3 player I bought recently which has no information on how to install.
I'm very sorry in advance if this topic has been discussed on the forum and if so, would greatly appreciate a link to the discussion.
If not, does anyone know where to get instructions on how to get into the console to replace the radio?
Thanks

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
The radio is removed by inserting two "radio keys" in the slots in the lower left and right corners of the radio. You can find these "keys" on the net for about $5.00 for the set. FYI your car is already prewired for a CD changer that gets installed in the trunk. Good luck.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
The radio is removed by inserting two "radio keys" in the slots in the lower left and right corners of the radio. You can find these "keys" on the net for about $5.00 for the set. FYI your car is already prewired for a CD changer that gets installed in the trunk. Good luck.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I found a place that sells the keys and ordered them. I got the radio out and found t...

So I found a place that sells the keys and ordered them. I got the radio out and found the wiring at the back so confusing... Any help?

The original equipment is the radio,cassette player and it is hooked up to a Bose sound system with what looks like a separate amplifier in the back compartment behind the drivers seat.

How can I locate a diagram explaining what the wires are for coming out of the existing radio?

·
Registered
95 E320 (Sold, known as Hi Ho)..1990 300E (sold, known as "the Chariot"..Current
160 Posts
Radio wiring diagram

Well, you can try www.beckerautosound.com, as I believe your stock radio is a Becker product.

Also, if you don't want to keep your stock radio, there seems to be a market for them, I gather they are rather high quality units...

I bought a used Becker for my father-in-laws 1990 300E, trying to put it back into the car...

The good folks at Becker will tell you what the wiring for your factory plugs are...

Tomer
95 E320
Wishing I has an SL320

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tomer,
I hope the folks at Becker get back to me with the details... thanks for ...

Thanks Tomer,
I hope the folks at Becker get back to me with the details... thanks for the great lead. And after a few months of driving the 320, I've got to say that I hope you really do get one some day, as it's the best driving experience I've ever had. The car is so responsive, it's like it was made just for me.
MPH

·
Registered
95 E320 (Sold, known as Hi Ho)..1990 300E (sold, known as "the Chariot"..Current
160 Posts
Stop Teasing Me!

Go easy on how great the SL320 is, I can't take it...I am selling my 95E320 for a paultry 13K, it has 106K miles in great shape...

You can also call Becker, hit the web site, they have toll free numbers.

Tomer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts