Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S430
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 1995 S500 coupe with the AMG package but I cannot find any information on this vehicle. Help! it is a beautiful car but I would like more info on if this a Benz manufactured AMG or somebody adding decals and rims and such.Just want to know the truth.Thanks for any help.Also the automatic window closing feature on driver side only operates manually or with remote.There is a rattle in the passenger side rear area that I cannot find(driving me insane)and last but not least the passenger side front seat does not slide open automatically when seat is pulled open. Any help will suffice. Thanks again.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I'd wager it is badge engineering... Are there any body tags/plates (aside from the stick on badge on the trunk) did it come w/ any paper work stating work had been done by AMG?? Usually AMG will affix tags to the front cross member or in the door jam... If you don't have anything of that nature I'd say you're SOL[xx(]

Did the car come w/ any records at all? If so you could contact the past owners in an effort to piece together the history of the car.

Best of Luck!

Jonathan

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Look for the link to the Russian Vin decoder site.. enter your vin number .. will tell you exactly what your Benz is.. all the mods etc and the factory fitted extras..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts