Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I am in the process of repairing the lower engine harness on '95 S350. The main cables that go to the starter and alternater as well as the positive terminal on the chasis are all in good condition, the wires that need replacing are the smaller diameter wires that go to the starter solenoid, oil press sender, alternator, and I think the vacuum shut off solenoid. The problem that I am having at the moment is that these four wires all go to a five pin canon plug, and I can only identify the placement of two of those wires, the rest of the wires were in such bad shape and fell apart during the removal of the harness. I would greatly appreciate any help with a wiring diagram regarding the lower harness that can identify the proper wire placement into the plug. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
'95 S350 lower harness repair

Thanks to myarmar for the wiring diagrams he posted, unfortunately as much as I tried to understand them, I didn't know what to make of them, they seem to be too technical for me. So far on the lower engine harness plug (part #0005406981) that attaches to the chasis, I am certain that pin #3 wire (White) heavier gauge goes to the starter solenoid, and I think pin #2 wire (Green) goes to the shut off solenoid, the (Black) wire could be the oil press and may go to pin #1 , and the (Blue) wire is definately the Alternator ( (battery warning light) and it may go to pin #5, unless I got #1 and # 5 mixed up; as for the #4 pin I have no idea what it should hook up to as I only have four wires. I believe I in the past someone in this forum posted a cutaway schematic of the plug that shows the proper placement of the wires and what components they hook up to, but now that I need it I can't find it anymore. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
600SEL
1,089 Posts
5 wires from X27 connector:

Pin 1 – Br/Bk- 0.75 mm squared – Oil Level Switch
Pin 2 – Br/Gn - 0.75 mm squared – Oil Pressure sensor pin 1
Pin 3 – Vi/Wt – 2.5 mm squared – Starter Terminal 50
Pin 4 – Bu - 0.75 mm squared – Alternator D+
Pin 5 – Br/Yl - 0.75 mm squared - Oil Pressure sensor pin 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks again myarmar, but one question though, are you sure this configuration works for the W140 chassis with the 603.971 turbo diesel engine? Because I only have four wires total to hook up to this plug. Once again thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks again to myamar for all his help, I am still trying to solve the x27 connector wirining mystery, judging by the length of the wires and and the points where they broke off, I am still almost certain that the blue alternator wire goes to pin #5, could pin #4 have not in use on the diesel engine but has a function on the S320 gas engine? I hate to have the wires crossed and end up frying some expensive module, I think I have to do some more research before proceeding further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts