Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300E, 2003 996 Turbo X50
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for quite a while and just recently decided to register.

So heres the problem; when I'm driving my car it will drive just fine, until I either slow down or stop. Then when I press the gas the car will start misfiring, REALLY badly. I'm talking almost zero acceleration. I just recently had my wiring harness replaced. The problem is only getting worse, with one or more occurance happening daily.

I'm going to replace the spark plugs and wires tomorrow. Any other suggestions? This is driving me crazy.

Oh yeah, my car is a 1995 S320 with 136,000 miles.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the misfiring go away on yours when you turned the car off? It does on mine, I do that as soon as I detect said misfiring.

Thanks a million

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
Hey, this is a give and take thing. This forum only becomes useful to you

when people give to it. Please, help do your part.

Brett

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, I was in a rush trying to get my car ready for a road trip yesterday.

Anyway, all I did was what I originally stated; changed my spark plugs and wires. It looked like they hadn't been changed in ages. The car runs like a million bucks now.

Judging by the plugs, I'd say my car was running a bit rich. A couple of them are pretty black. So I guess thats my next job, any suggestions on where to start? O2 sensors?

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Nah.. leave alone till you do 500miles.. let it sort itself out.. keep a precise record of your gas milage.. will help with the next step..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts