Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 e420. White/dove grey leather. 2nd owner,159k miles, regular maintenance. only major thing done was head gasket. Wiring harness and timing chain,tensioner,rails have NOT yet been done. Interior is fantastic shape, exterior is an 8 w/ no dings/paintwork, etc. asking price is $6495/best offer. Being that it hasnt had the majors done yet, what do you offer since it reads "best offer"?
Prices are all over the board nationally. Ooh, it is a "special edition" as well. roof,changer,heat seats,etc.

·
Registered
94 E420
132 Posts
I paid $6500 for my 100k mile 94' a couple of months ago. My car came with mostly complete maint. history. Excellent interior, no major body damage but expected parking lot dings and paint wear and tear for a 10 year old car. Needed tires too.

Oh, I love this car [8D] I am considering adding an E500 or a mid 90's S600 to the stable.

Colorado

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
I bought mine about a yr ago for $7200 very good history no body damage A1 interior 125k on the meter and new pair of Michleins on the front! MAN I LOVE THIS CAR!![;)][:D][:D][;)][:D][;)][:D][;)]

Smokie

Attachments

·
Registered
94 E420
132 Posts
Smokie,

Did you put new wheels on your car? Seems different from the last pic I recall[?]

I bought a set of Brabus wheels for mine off of eBay, should get them tomrrow. I am looking forward to getting the snow tires off and some new shoes on my ride.

Colorado

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding guys. Smokie thats one nice 124!
im like you, i would rather buy slightly higher miles, very very clean and well maintained. Its well worth the extra grand or so. Colorodo, im interested in seeing a pic of those rims. Sounds great! Have a great week guys..BC[8D]

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Nope had them for a few months now! Got them off a fella on Ebay, came off a late model C class!I really like them!![;)][;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smokie...When you purchased your car for 7g's, had any of the problem areas been addressed before the time of purchase? i.e. Wire harness,major tune ups,timing chain/guides,etc? lookin good smokie![;)]

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
When I bought the car I was pretty much a MB newbie. At the time I did not know about some of the issues with this model. The owner did have a very good amount of history for the car. The owner was one of those who was not a DIYER so if it even coughed it was at the dealer for a checkup.[;)] 'I guess anytime you buy a used car its a crap shoot. You can do your best to look it over read the history but you just never know. You just try and knock down the odds.[:)]Sometime you just got to say "WHAT THE HELL" and go for it![:D][:D][:D]What I can tell you is that by sheer luck that this car was a E420 V8 !! I have since drivin some of the other models with smaller engines and I know now I would not have been happy with them! This car is so smooth and so responcive that it is a pure pleasure to drive. [;)][;)][;)]So good luck in your search and keep us posted on yer progress![:)][:)][:)]

Smokie

As far as I know the issues you asked about have not been done! But if it looks like trouble it will be!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought my Black/Black 95 E420 about 8 months ago(wow does time fly) for $8400 with 77,500 miles on the clock. One owner, no records. I had it inspected, and got the 75,000 after I bought it. I looked for a long time, and finally did what Smokie said, and went for it. It just felt right. I have not had any problems so far, except replacing the front brake pads. I think I may need rotors which I will do this spring. I think for the money you can't beat these cars! It was nice here in Michigan yesterday and I was cruising down the highway at 100 with the sunroof open, just luv'in my Ride!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Nate! You gonna have that grin on yer face when they plant you in the ground!!! How did you come out on yer black rims??? or did the boss put her foot down !![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies guys. I bought my first w124 tonite from a professor at a local college here in Mn. 1991 300e 2 owner, 110k miles for $5550.00
The car was as good as it gets! just a cherry. I can officially consider myself a 134 guy now as well as a w208 guy. I trust ill have a ? here and there for you. BC

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smokie...I test drove the car in question of my original post in this thread and man, what a roach!! Busted up front and rear bumpers, headlights broken,surface rust,chewing tobacco stained rear carpets,cracked windsheild,dirty steering wheel...ooh yea, 160,000 miles too. All this for $6495/bo??? I thought to myself,WTF is this guy thinkin, what world is he living in. He came to the door to greet me absolutelt wasted on whiskey at 4 pm?? Again, WTF, where do these people come from? Then, he said, come on we got to go p/u my son from school, you mind drivin? I certainly wouldnt have sat in the pass side w/ him drivin....geeez people[V][B)][8][?][?]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Smokie, I passed on the Black rims, and set my sights on some 17 inch Monoblocks on Ebay out of Texas. I hesitated on the buy it now, and someone beat me to them. My own fault, you snooze you lose! They were $1400 with Kumho high perfermance tires. Next time I won't hesitate, it was a good deal! I really don't want replica's, but I may have to reconsider them.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
bc ! Yikes I think I would have went screaming into the woods had I seen that car!!! Or beat the crap out anyone who would treat such a great car like a piece of shit!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!] Hey good luck with yer new ride and send some pics down here so us MB nuts can see it!!!Nate just keep yer eyes open and something will come along! Buyin tires and wheels together the ship bill got to kill ya! I would look for just wheels and buy my tires locally[;)][;)][;)][;)]!!! JMO

Smokie

·
Registered
'95 E420
106 Posts
i paid $10,000 for my 95'. it had 80k miles on it and the body and interior were in fantastic shape. it came with some polished AMG wheels and some low profile Yoki tires. it was blue booked at $14,000 so i bought it. havent regreted it one bit!

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds nice! I rarely go off book values, more so on condition and maintenance. Private sales are always preferable when it comes to driving older vehicles. If your in Ca, values are higher so a 95 w/ those miles was indeed a decent buy for 10k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts