Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C280, 03 Impala, 73 F250
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll give you the creepy part first: Same time of the day, same parking spot and exactly one week apart... my C280 won't start!

All electrical stuff works i.e. lights, radio but when I turn the key I don't even get a click.
Exactly 1 week ago it did this and the car had been sitting all day. It was raining so I didn't want to mess with it, except for trying the key several times. Left the car there and the next day it started first try.
I drove the car all week with no issues and then today... same thing! Except this time the car had only been shut off for about 45min and it's a hot sunny day. I tried putting it in neutral and turning the key as well. Nothing, not even a click and the engine doesn't turn over. All other electrical stuff seems to work fine, even the AC blower.

So what do you think guys (& gals): starter solenoid? starter? Ideas?

I have read where the crankshaft position sensor can cause problems, but it appears that in those cases the engine will still turn over.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1995 C280, 03 Impala, 73 F250
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How deep does the rabbit hole go??

Good tip Doin12volt, sent me in a new direction (looking for wiring diagrams) and I found this link:

Mercedes C220 Door Lock Vacum Pump.. - ShopForum

I didn't realize that the vacuum door locks (which stopped working about a month ago) could have anything to do with the car starting. Didn't realize the car had factory security/ starter shut off either.

Went back to the car tonight and it started up normal. If it happens again I will try closing the car up and locking it before trying to start it again.

Whodathunckit?:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.