Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a bit of a search on here to confirm my thoughts, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Car has 153,000.. original harness and slide valve.. Stalls Every time you come to a stop. Other then that runs Great![:O]

Throughts/experience..??
Thanks!
Jonathan

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no thoughts on this from the group...?

Jonathan

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, forgot to mention, if you put a can of techron in the tank it won't stall anymore...strange, no?

·
Registered
500E, E320, 190E, E55
1,006 Posts
Run a diagnostic check with the MBZ STAR laptop.
If it is the slide valve the code will definitely come up. Give your car an Italian tune up...
Full throttle at high speed 100 plus mph. in other words clean out its lungs. M119 are safe to rev to 5000 plus RPM. (when rolling) don't rev up in neutral.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Hard to diagnose a car that doesn't exist![:D] (I know you mean E420). Does it ever stumble and keep running or does it only stall out when it starts to die? Distributor caps tend to burn up on those. Fuel pump/filter checked?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite, Quite...! Happy fingers as they say;-) I'm only going on what the owner has told me over the phone, but apparantly, if you come to a stop, the RPM's drop and it quits..every time unless there is a can of Techron in the tank..Stange, no?

I'll have the car in my shop this coming week.

Jonathan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts