Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 120 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Picking up my trim this week . New windshield this week too . This is the reason I feel the trim should be black . This looks really bad IMHO ...

ImageUploadedByAG Free1415599347.546643.jpg

Hopefully this is not someone's car that's on BW :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
ImageUploadedByAG Free1416432887.977268.jpg

New windshield in and roof trim reinstalled . Rubber trim in very good shape off a JY car . Like new. Next up sunroof seal , fuel door actuator and windshield washer nozzles . Antenna and speakers after that .

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
View attachment 1209617

New windshield in and roof trim reinstalled . Rubber trim in very good shape off a JY car . Like new. Next up sunroof seal , fuel door actuator and windshield washer nozzles . Antenna and speakers after that .
Again ..like the color and like to see your car in person man ....:smile

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #104

Again ..like the color and like to see your car in person man ....:smile

I'll make it up there at some point . I'd like to see your cars too :) I can't swing the new leather from World until February probably . I'm having Guys Upholstery in Portland installing them .

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
View attachment 1209617

Looks great!!!! I like the black trim as well. Didn't realize that the bronze color was actualy faded black.

Mike

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I think a lot of these cars will look tons better with the black trim instead of the faded black/bronze color trim. I wonder how plastidip would hold up...

Plastidip is crap imo . I wasn't even happy with paint thus the powder coating . And I'm not convinced the anodized aluminum was black on these later cars . Look at earlier model that are black and are still black . These strips are from a pristine 93 that was garaged kept and where the bronzish color .

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
The earlier models had the strip in better material as some members explained it before over the W124 section.
On my 1993 190e, the roof molding where it goes inside the hood and covered with a small rubber piece still in black color and the rest of the molding has turned bronze.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
The earlier models had the strip in better material as some members explained it before over the W124 section.
On my 1993 190e, the roof molding where it goes inside the hood and covered with a small rubber piece still in black color and the rest of the molding has turned bronze.

I'm there with you on materials . Except for the dashes it looks like as they added amenities they cut cost elsewhere . So cost cutting started early 90s . I would think it was more after the w201 and w124.

Carpet weave changed , all door cards , b pillars peal due to glue ...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks I'll be thinking about it . I gotta have that ducktail . We always want what we can't have

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Spent the day in the rain at pnp with my nephew . Got some great parts and taught him a few things about his 190. Got a w124 wagon front sway bar and it's very beefy. Same as the 500e I think.

Dave

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
It's actually 27.5 mm so not quite the 500e. It'll be a spring suspension project . I'll cut it and powder coat . Will be stockpiling parts to get the suspension started .

101 - 120 of 335 Posts
About this Discussion
334 Replies
18 Participants
zephyrueffer
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing