Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me the performance on this car? my dad has one.
ive seen the 1320 around 14.1-5 0-60 around 5.7, are these times accurate??

also, what is the top speed of this car?

Ive ran my honda s2000 against his 600, my s2000 is supercharged, header, exhaust and intake...
from 60 to 90 we were pretty even then i started to pull, we shut down around 100....he insists that the to end on that car will be good because hes had it up to 120 and said that it just wants to GO....

any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks, David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, i thought you benz ownerz knew something here,
If my dad knew, i wouldnt have to ask you guys, but hey whatever..
but vpwr, you just got offended that the little honda 4cyl beat your v12..mwahaha,,,loser..

no disrespect to any of you other 600 owners

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
the SL 0-60 is about 5.7 so you say, the S2000 its 6.3. You state the 1/4 mile being 14.5 and they state the S2000 14.9. So in reality if the S200 is now faster than a stock SL you took off .6 0-60 and .4 in the 1/4 mile with a intake, blower, and header. Thats what $9K in parts for .6 faster. that is like $1,500 for a tenth of a second :(

Also you have to remember a stock SL hits the scales at 4455lbs and it makes 389hp. that is 11.45 pounds per hp here as your car is 240hp and hits the scales at 2835 which is 11.81 So stock to stock they are about sthe same in comparison to hp vs weight.

As for the comparison of 100 mph on its hard to tell, Im sure you dad is correct that it will pull back on the S2000 on the top end. One thing your forgetting is gearing, Jap cars are geared low for maximum acceleration because they have no torque, Where as the sl has a high gear for grater curzing. Long story short the S2000 would not hold up at top speed like the SL does. With you modification you would probably melt pistons in a long top speed run. Speaking of top speed its electronically limited at 155 on SL, But for examply my 98 does 82mph in second. If you guys raced from a dig im sure it would be more fun.

So moral to the story is to differnt cars no reason to compair them and you spent a lot of money in parts to have a 14 second car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets see here, you say that the s2000 stock runs a 14.9..hmmm i would like to know where you get that time from..given, some people cant drive much better than that, but in stock form they can run as fast as a 13.6, not implying that i could do that with a stock s2000..Now, i didnt argue the point that the sl couldnt take the Honda up high, in fact i didnt argue any point...i just compared the two cuz thats the only car of mine that can keep up with the SL.

A supercharged S2000 can run as fast as a 13 flat, thats with a moderate driver.
And yes, i know that to compare the two is like apples to oranges, but thats not what i was doing..
if you get back to the basic point of the question it was just askin how fast the SL really was..i didnt mean to offend anyone.
and to tell you the truth, had i known about the 600 before i got my S2000, i would have bought that over the honda, even though its an auto...

So dont get me wrong, i love both cars, they are both excellent cars in every way.

but if any of you care how fast the s2000 is with a charger go to s2ki.com, bunch of great guys on there...
ANyway, sorry for the long post

David

OH, the best part on both, is they are convertables!

·
Registered
SL600 S420
422 Posts
supercharged_S - 4/27/2005 10:17 PM

wow, i thought you benz ownerz knew something here,
If my dad knew, i wouldnt have to ask you guys, but hey whatever..
but vpwr, you just got offended that the little honda 4cyl beat your v12..mwahaha,,,loser..

no disrespect to any of you other 600 owners
Since I am the loser...what is the point of your question in the first place???
You wanna feel like winner???
Be my quest....

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
im confused. you ask question and then answer them. You talk about how bad your car is but yet dont know what it runs. then you post a link to a web page that people have managed to run 13's with a car.

Maybe im just getting old and have had to many fast cars. When suv companys are making High 12 second suv and mercedes is making 11 second family ride that trap mph and et so fast the tracks are telling you need a cage in your new $185,000 S class a 13 second car does nothing for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts