Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Gang ! After alot hours and diag. via local guys in Atlanta. My problem was resolved. Car hummms like new.

1) Car was running very rich. Local emission guy was great by letting utilize his Dyno equipment and make adjustments to figure out what the problem.
2)Finally had to get a Fuel Distributor 044 serial that needed to be replaced (very rare distributor). Terri at Jaytan was great assisting with narrowing it down to the distributor along with others.
3) Further diag. from the guys at Startech (lawrenceville,ga) found the overload relay behind the battery was bad even though the fuses were seemingly good. This was major as this device control the computer that made adjustments to air/fuel eng. etc. ( I believe thats correct.) After that along with hard driving to clean out the rich fuel left over. I was now contributing to greenspace. almost no co% along with clean burning from the rear end.

4) I did however replace alot along the way , distributor cap, rotor, plugs, air filter, fuel filter. Different thread but the transmission oil and filter were changed to make a big difference in what I thought was a tranny going out ! ! Changing the transmission filter does MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE ! ! Again, different THREAD !!

I would like to thank my OSCAR WINNERS FOR ASSISTING ME ALONG THE WAY:
jhodg5ck (AKA-Jonathan AND Jayare (Jim) both are Benz World Legends. Thanks Guys! ! :)

Jaytan Industries in Cali. (Terri) Specializing in Fuel Distributors for BENZO'S. Guaranteed it was the distributor or I could send it back, he's in Cali and I'm in Ga. Thats confidence and service ! ! :D

Startech Automotive: Many years working on older and newer Benz's Exclusively. Located in Georgia. :bowdown:

I hope this helps someoneelse along the way ! !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts