Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1992 MB 500 SEL
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just put new standard rear shocks on our MB W140 Chassis versus the SLS hydraulic shocks. The car is sitting several inches lower now. What are my options to bring it back up to about where it was? Are there taller coils to raise it 3 to 5 inches? I suppose I should have considered air shocks. From what I have read so far, the spring spacers do not get many recommendations and if they only come in 1" size, it doesn't sound worth it most likely. I am, however, open to all suggestions and insight.
Appreciatively, tom

·
Registered
W140 S320 1998
323 Posts
I am kinda in the same funk. I need to get the heavy duty springs for my 1998 s320. I put stage 4 spacers but got about 3/4 inch diffrence. My mech says heavy duty springs will raise it more than the standard springs.

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
i need to figure this out aswell, my 420 never had SLS and the rear is sagging like i have bags of sand in the trunk, it looks so sad, that and the fronts of the older cars are about an inch and a half higher in the front than the 95 and up.

·
Registered
1992 MB 500 SEL
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might have SLS (self leveling system) however. If so, there are hydraulic struts and accumulators with a bladder in them and half is gas filled. I think with Nitrogen. The shocks are between $500 to $700 each and I think the accumulators are in the $100 range.
That is what little bit I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts