·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I replaced my fuel filter but then when all was fitted and ready to go,
I decided to turn on the engine to see if any fuel drips. Lo and behold,
it started dripping....

I located the source of the leak to be this rubber hose shown in the pic below.

I want to know the following:
1. Any one knows the part# of this hose contraption?
2. In the mean time, can I use duct tape to keep the fuel leak down??

Also I was looking at this website and amazingly the part I am pointing to in the
pic below, is not there ...
FUEL PUMP PACKAGE. Fits: Mercedes | Mercedes-Benz of South Atlanta

Thanks

Attachments

·
10,293 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel line from AZAutohaus

Your Parts Search Returned 3 Part(s) Hose/Line

pn 1244708075

Thanks Bayhas! I will call my dealer on Mon to see if they have it it i stock...
I do not mind paying an extra $10 to get in hand the sameday ...

I am surprised why the website I posted is not showing this part? .... Maybe it comes with the filter when you buy filter from the dealer?

Thank you for your great help!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
10,293 Posts
No problems!

This is a separate part, it doesn't come with the filter, and is pretty hard to locate in EPC drawings (been there done that)

These hoses fail often, as they are brittle at this point, and the constant flow of high pressure gas in it does help...

when they fail on their own, you see them pissing a very fine mist line of gas out, they also fail when you replace the fuel filter, but that that stage they crack, and drip, or even gush fuel out...

list price is 45 dollars, so the dealer should have them for 30-40 dollars...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No problems!

This is a separate part, it doesn't come with the filter, and is pretty hard to locate in EPC drawings (been there done that)

These hoses fail often, as they are brittle at this point, and the constant flow of high pressure gas in it does help...

when they fail on their own, you see them pissing a very fine mist line of gas out, they also fail when you replace the fuel filter, but that that stage they crack, and drip, or even gush fuel out...

list price is 45 dollars, so the dealer should have them for 30-40 dollars...
Thank you Bayhas.....

Would have a suggestion on opening the other end of this part? One end of this part connects to the filter and the other end of this part connects to a fixed hard fuel line that I can see but it is hard to stick tool in such a small confined area, while lying on my back...

So any pointers you can give me on what tool works best to open the nut in such a tight space??? I know I need a 17mm wrench but any special tool that can make the job easy?

Thank you

Attachments

·
10,293 Posts
Thank you Bayhas.....

Would have a suggestion on opening the other end of this part? One end of this part connects to the filter and the other end of this part connects to a fixed hard fuel line that I can see but it is hard to stick tool in such a small confined area, while lying on my back...

So any pointers you can give me on what tool works best to open the nut in such a tight space??? I know I need a 17mm wrench but any special tool that can make the job easy?

Thank you
yep, been there done that as well, and it is a PITA

UNTIL:

you you cut the rubber hose off, all the way, as close as possible to the end, then place a box wrench and/or deep socket on the assembly...

MAKE SURE you always use 2 tools to undo the end, one to turn, and another to counter, otherwise, you will break the solid line, and be in a real real mess...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, been there done that as well, and it is a PITA

UNTIL:

you you cut the rubber hose off, all the way, as close as possible to the end, then place a box wrench and/or deep socket on the assembly...

MAKE SURE you always use 2 tools to undo the end, one to turn, and another to counter, otherwise, you will break the solid line, and be in a real real mess...
Great advice Bayhas...yes, two wrenches is the only way to go. That solid line better not twist or turn :crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:
So a box wrench size 17mm is what to use on both nuts???

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't wanna make a new thread since it's already exist

Hello All,

I am facing the same problem as our brother here he faced 4 years ago. I didn't want to make a new thread since it is already exist. furthermore to not make many unnecessary threads in the forum.

Back to problem.

First, forgive my English.. It's not my mother tongue language.
My problem is no matter how much I tight that nut :mad:!! I still have fuel drips :confused:. I removed and connected that hose almost five times. no matter how I try in the tight space with different methods .. it still drips. I can not drive the car with such this condition. It's easy job, it is shame to take it to workshop :|. I remember that I read in forum somewhere, If the car is higher, it would be easier. I am not sure if that make sense such it still the nut in tight place. I used to wrenches to tight while I am sitting in my back. Any tips, I would appreciate it :)

Thank you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use flare nut wrenches when working with metal lines e.g. fuel, brake etc. never fails me.

Seth
Thank you. I will buy that flare nut wrench. I am using the normal wrench such as these..

maybe that is why it doesn't tighten the nut very well.
Sir, you meant theses flare nut wrench isn't it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
To be absolutely correct you want the 5 sided flare nut wrench set.

Seth
Yes, this a flare wrench.

But, I'd recommend the 6-pt ones, as pictured here:

Less chance to slip. Do NOT overtighten.

Good luck,
Steve
Hello Gentlemen again,
Sorry I didn't update you earlier, I have been busy fixing the leakage on my radiator and fuel filter hose then suddenly I decided to travel to KSA just to drive my car freely there away from trafic jam & carless ppl ( some in my country)

First,
I discover the after market hose was fine but i damaged the nut inner teeth if may say ( sorry for my poor english) because it seems I didn't tight it exactly straight and this cause a damage inside the nut. I went to the dealer the moment I get enough hours of sleeping and finishing my work. I didn't find the OEM in the dealer or other local markets. So, shop used parts owner and my Mechanic we can solve it. I followed my Mech advise left the car in his workshop sitting like a queen. The next morning I went to a shop that Martin on other thread advised to look for.. fix things we thought are not fixable maybe! we used the old nuts form the damaged hose and stick it mechanically somehow to a new piece of hose (like design a new one). fit it again carefully. And No leakage anymore :) . Cheaper then original one with same quality.

Link:

The good things I learned from this little problem is there is there always someway to fix something in professional way. I discover this part I should not missed as preventive maintenance from time to time.

I learned there is special tools for such flare nuts like these ( Thank you Steve & Seth, I bought the tool).

One more thing is .. let suppose I broken the main ignition line by over tighten it.
there is a solution .. here is the link how to do a new metal line with it parts & tools:

Link #1:
Link#2:

OR you can do what our friend here did Mr. Samosail in his thread: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/2803506-replacing-fuel-lines-rubber-hoses.html

Thank You All,

Faisal.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
First,
I discover the after market hose was fine but i damaged the nut inner teeth if may say ( sorry for my poor english) because it seems I didn't tight it exactly straight and this cause a damage inside the nut.
Hello Faisal.
Glad to hear this issue is behind you. Cross-threading is the mistake you made

(English is not my mother tongue either, I learned most of the terminology doing what you're doing now -- reading).

Enjoy the ride now.
Steve

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello Faisal.
Glad to hear this issue is behind you. Cross-threading is the mistake you made

(English is not my mother tongue either, I learned most of the terminology doing what you're doing now -- reading).

Enjoy the ride now.
Steve
Thank you Steve. One More thing,
Man .. I love your logic when you explain things... It's like I am siting in engineering class hahah. Thank you Steve.

Faisal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
MB-Runner
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing