Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'92 300d 2.5 T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer and cruies stopped working suddenly. Don't know if it's a coincidence but it stopped working shortly after my wife blasted through a large puddle on the Garden State Parkway. I'm sure there was a pretty good shot of water under there.
Is the speedometer and cruise linked? I would have assumed the speedometer was cable (mechanical) and the cruise electronic.
I got under there ( as well as this oversized body can), dropped the plastic pan and everything seems intact.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help
Kevin

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
[8D]
Hi Kevin,

I don't think anybody means to ignore you, except for the guys from New York, because you're from Jersey.

The speedo and cruise system are electronic as far as I know. If it was just water that knocked them out they may start working when the components get dry enough.

You may want to purchase the repair manual on CDROM from one of the folks here who are selling copies. That will show you which module to replace if you have to go that far.

Cheers!
Dave

·
Registered
'92 300d 2.5 T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You tend to develope a complex when you live in Jersey! Archie Bunker through the Sopranos, it's hard to get any respect.
On with the show. I bought "Mercedes-Benz E-Class Owner's bible 1986-1995". I found it too be of little help. It seems it try to cover too much in one book.
The CD's you refer to, are they through a particular publisher or just stuff floating around out there?
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
'92 300d 2.5 T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you do it again? Seems like a good deal if it has more answers that the "MB Bible" I bought. I was disappointed in it. Not detailed at all.
KK

·
Registered
95 E320 Cabriolet, 140K
1,332 Posts
I've never used the MB Bible, so I can't compare. The link I provided is the exact same stuff that is on the disc, so check the link out and you can compare the two for yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts