·
Registered
CLK430
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

19"/8.5 fronts
19"/9.5 rears

bolted them on - lowered it and there feels like resistance in the rear- can go forward a little then reverse- feels like its snagging on something..

19/9.5's in rear fit i thought?????

i need some advice bad- thanks fellas again.... BT

·
Registered
CLK430
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks Linh= actually I used my AMG wheels bolts- the dealer "super buy tires" did not send new bolts with delivery- should get thenm today. SOunds like this could be the problem. I'll let you know. Brian

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
911 HELP!!!!!! new tires on and rear wheels will not turn!!!
THEIR NOT SUPPOSED TO!!! [:p]

I'm sorry, it's just that when I first read the subject I thought you were refering to them not turning left or right steering-wise. Laughed my ass off. Good luck.

·
Registered
2001 Clk55
21 Posts
With 19.5's in back, you need to get your rear wheel wells "rolled". Basically, your rear wheel well needs to be enlarged to fit the larger width.. A good tuner shop can do this. Some do it with a baseball bat and others have more sophisticated methods. DO NOT DRIVE IT THERE. Put on your stock wheels and drive it down. Have them do the install.

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
My 9.5 rears went on fine with no problems. Maybe I just got lucky.

PS. Khan, I love the quote. [;)]

·
Registered
2001 Clk55
21 Posts
BrooklynCLK - 2/18/2005 1:49 PM

My 9.5 rears went on fine with no problems. Maybe I just got lucky.

PS. Khan, I love the quote. [;)]
Thanks Brooklyn! Your car didn't have issues because "you got the skillz to pay da billz."

Seriously though, there other factors like wheel spacers, amount of drop, etc. I had my previous 320 dropped with 19's and had to get the wheel wells altered. Most tuner stores actually have a machine that does it. Back in the day, my dad would take a baseball bat and let the tire roll it pinched against the well to create the extra space for wheel travel.
Now that I think about it, I would say it is a combo of lowering and fixing the wheel wells.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
this is the tool that is used to roll fenders. me personally, i would never let anyone use a baseball bat to roll my fenders. if i found out they did, theyd get a baseball bat to the back of the head. the hardest thing about rolling fenders is making sure the paint is heated just right so that the paint doesnt chip/crack

http://www.overboost.com/pix.asp?image=./images/131/full/p1010096.jpg

http://www.overboost.com/pix.asp?image=./images/131/full/p1010101.jpg

http://www.overboost.com/pix.asp?image=./images/131/full/p1010102.jpg

·
Registered
CLK430
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thnks fellas- it was the length of the lug bolts- they were too long, got the correct lugz and I'm rolling fine now! looks great too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts