Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 420sel & 1996 S320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I drive my 91 500SL at full throttle it shifts fine from 1-2 but when it shifts 2-3 at full throttle it tries to kick back down into 2nd when it shifts into 3rd. If I back off the throttle in 3rd it is fine.

What do you think needs adjustment? I did a search and I am not sure if it is the bowden cable.

Thanks

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi jcb928 honestly the bowden cable is the first thought I have about your problem but a check at the gearbox fluids (and a change for the matter) can do no harm.
If the level is low a few shifting problems might occurr including the gearbox shifting into neutral in the worst cases all by itself especially under hard accelleration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1991 420sel & 1996 S320
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jcb928 honestly the bowden cable is the first thought I have about your problem but a check at the gearbox fluids (and a change for the matter) can do no harm.
If the level is low a few shifting problems might occurr including the gearbox shifting into neutral in the worst cases all by itself especially under hard accelleration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.
Should I turn the wheel towards the rear or the front? The fluids level is fine and was changed about 10k miles (07) ago.

Thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts