Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 500SL
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a problem with my climate control blower fan coming and goin, even tho the A/C and heater work fine. I've done test A before and found nothing. Today I did test B and C.. While doin test B I got the readout 01 which means no trouble codes, but when I did test C I ran into some problems.

Test step

18 Center outlet should be 07-11 closed and 35-48 open, I got 11 and 12

22 Left Outlet should be 07-11 closed and 35-48 open, I got 39 on both

24 Right outlet should be 07-11 closed and 35-48 open, I got 40 and 41

Tests 16, 20 and 24 were fine. Can anyone help me with this and what the problem might be. Can this have something to do with my blower problem.
This is really frustrating

I appreciate any help I can get.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2003 SL500, 2003 SL55, and four R129s
4,254 Posts
On those test steps you mention did you move the flaps to both fully open and fully closed positions? If you did, then your climate control feedback potentiometers that monitor the position of the flaps and/or the thumbwheel adjusters for same are defective. I don't think any of this could relate to a problem with the blower. That would likely be the motor, the blower regulator, or the ACC module.

·
Registered
1991 500SL
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did move the flaps to fully closed and opened. I hooked up the blower directly to the battery and it worked just fine. I also swapped ACC units with another 500sl and the problem with the blower was just the same. The funny thing is that when I remove the driver(left) side connector on top of the acc unit then the fans starts full force every time. Thanx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts