Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While putting 'The Dark Knight' back together I spotted the bracket (in the below picture) resting on the oil filter canister, not attached to anything. It's around a plastic sheath that (I think) carries the +12 volts to the starter.

Since this is the first time I've removed the cruise control and intake manifold I'd venture a guess this has been 'floating' since I bought the car.

Where does it belong?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,720 Posts
This engine looks very closely to mine 1987 diesel. Those brackets mount under the throttle cable bracket and hold the electrical wires. The loops holding the wires and tubings are no longer available and I had to use electric ties.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks like it mounts to the oil filter housing. There should be a mounting point matching that notch on it, along with a bolt hole.

·
Registered
91 Benz 300D
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it mounts to the oil filter housing. There should be a mounting point matching that notch on it, along with a bolt hole.
444 you were 100% spot on. It took a lot of time to find the correct angle so the bracket fit (and twice as long to mount it) - but its secured.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts