Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just was givem my fathers 92 190E 2.3 with 380,000 KM and am trying to get it back on the road. The problem is that when I first start it I get a very erratic idle...up and down or somtimes the idle surges to 3,000 and stays there. I read up on past posts and went straight to the idle control unit... i unpluged the electrical connector which stopped the erratic idle but i had to hold the gas down a bit until it warmed up, then it drives fine. Therefore, I think my problem is the Idle conrol unit ... I figured I would take it out and try soaking it in carb cleaner before buying a new on... HOW DO YOU GET THIS THING OUT??? It is encased in a rubber sleeve with two hoses connected...i can get at one hose but the other one is out of sight... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2000 C230 Komp
182 Posts
Take the two bolts out, that will let you freely move the unit. Then use a long flat head screw driver and just push the hoses off the unit. Its not that difficult they will come off. I am currently suffering from the same problem. A new unit is around $200 US .... and thats the cheapest I have seen it. You can actually leave it in ( disconnect the electrical harness ) and manually adjust the hex screw on top to bring you idle upto at least 1000rpms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts