Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
91 190E 2.3
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 91 190E 2.3 for my daughter.

The only thing wrong with it is that the comb gauge for the temperature, fuel and oil pressure, and the radio amp does not work.

My hunch is that they all run off one circuit and there is a bad connection (or fuse) possibly disturbed when they had the phone removed.

· Registered
91 190E 2.3
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed the gauges, it was the apparently somewhat famous #9 fuse that controls the brake li...

Fixed the gauges, it was the apparently somewhat famous #9 fuse that controls the brake lights as well.

The radio still has very low volume, I think the speakers may have checked out, but the daughter wants a CD player anyway, so we will get to work on that.

Found a receipt under the front seat for 1500.00 worth of work to include brakes on all wheels and a major service done within 20,000 miles.

Every service up to the 150,000 is stamped in the service book by RBM of Atlanta, it has 143,000 on it.

[:D]

· Registered
MB 190e 2.3 8v(W201)
85 Posts
radio

hows it going?, when i first bought my car i had the same problem with the "volume" ...which in your case as well, is the internal amp inside the radio went for a long nap if ya know what i mean....its dead...just buy a cd player and have a respectible company install it, theres is no wiring code at all in these...they do in deed have to be hard wired in and also make sure he/she knows what he/she is doin the entire color coded wires dont match anything with your new radio and you might have to buy the vw/audi wiring harness...most likely you wont need to buy the wiring harness it's about $14.99(usd)if you do, in some cases they can use that one interchangibly, also you may have purchase the antenia adapter thing...about $9.99(usd)

well take care, have fun with the benz and hope nothing goes wrong...cuz things do cost a lot for them...
Scott

· Registered
91 190E 2.3
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have a repair CD ordered so I figured before I get too far into it I should wait f...

Well, I have a repair CD ordered so I figured before I get too far into it I should wait for it to arrive. From some searches I gather that it has the 6 speaker stereo.

I'll install the CD for her, keep anyone from hacking it up. :D

For it is part, some it seems to have gotten a bit better from when we got the car, and all we have done so far is roll the fader back and forth a few times each time it is driven.

I'm on a business trip till the weekend, and she managed to lose her driving privlages until at least next sunday, so the pressure is off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.