Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
1988 300CE
1,489 Posts
You can correct the mistake (if there is any) and move on if you like. That would avoid all of this back and forth.
C‘mon dolucasi … this “back and forth“, as you call it, could have easily been avoided if you wouldn't have posted wrong information, or if at least you would have taken my first post seriously.

I still do not believe there is an error ...
You not only seem not to know that the EHA current is not supposed to behave as you described in post 2 … you also don‘t seem to know how the EHA current is supposed to behave … and what problem(s) the EHA current behavior you described points to !?

I‘d feel better, if your doubts about what I say would come from someone who does not want to give detailed advice about the KE-Jetronic, dolucasi. … I know you want to help others to understand things. But you should first understand them yourself. So, before you post further detailed info about this injection system in this W126 forum, please take a closer look at how it works. That avoids confusion and unnecessary posts/time for corrections. … ;)

So H.D., how is the EHA current supposed to behave when you are driving down the highway at 60 MPH?
That depends. Let me specify this question by adding “with the foot not off the gas pedal“. In that case the answer is:
If the EHA current is fluctuating between 0 and -2 mA at idle, its fluctuation peak should not go higher than about +2 mA while cruising at 60 MPH.

Well dolucasi, latest now, you should realize what the EHA current behavior you described in post 2 points to … and what to do in that case !;)

H.D.

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
2,713 Posts
I am standing by every sentence that is in my original post H.D. Because they are true.
I would question this statement of yours though that you just posted:

That depends. Let me specify this question by adding “with the foot not off the gas pedal“. In that case the answer is:
If the EHA current is fluctuating between 0 and -2 mA at idle, its fluctuation peak should not go higher than about +2 mA while cruising at 60 MPH.

Well dolucasi, latest now, you should realize what the EHA current behavior you described in post 2 points to … and what to do in that case !;)
This is only true when one does a static test at 2500rpm like the ones you describe in your tutorials.
When there is actual load on the engine at 60mph it may (not will) go above that 2mA limit.
You already know this, I think you are just being a contrarian, but if you want to prove to others you are correct it is simple:
Point that switch that is in your ashtray in the direction of EHA current and run the car at 60mpH one more time and you may notice it to be higher than it is in the static test. I know you have done this many times, and I know you already know the correct answer.

Again, we are not helping the OP here so I find this not to be very educational for anyone specific.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1988 300CE
1,489 Posts
This is only true when one does a static test at 2500rpm like the ones you describe in your tutorials.
When there is actual load on the engine at 60mph it may (not will) go above that 2mA limit.
You already know this, I think you are just being a contrarian, but if you want to prove to others you are correct it is simple:
Point that switch that is in your ashtray in the direction of EHA current and run the car at 60mpH one more time and you may notice it to be higher than it is in the static test. ...
Dear dolucasi … I started to do EHA current measurements during driving at a time when Ronald Reagan was still in his first term as President of the United States … and I still do frequently.

Again … you said:
If your EHA current is behaving nicely (meaning fluctuating between 0 and -2 mA at idle and 3-5mA while driving (at any speed really) at operating temp than you can forget about all of the emission system.“

And I assure you that that is wrong!
If the EHA current is “fluctuating between 0 and -2 mA at idle“, it should definitely not fluctuate in the range of ... “3-5mA while driving (at any speed really) at operating temp“ ... as you stated.

I repeat what I said in my last post:
If the EHA current is fluctuating between 0 and -2 mA at idle, its fluctuation peak should not go higher than about +2 mA while cruising at 60 MPH“ … (or any other speed between 0 and 60 MPH).

Dolucasi … I really have better things to do with my time than this … but I take a few minutes, that I actually don‘t have now, in order to put an end to this rediculous discussion:

IF the EHA current is fluctuating between 0 and -2 mA at idle, it should preferably fluctuate in more or less the same range while driving. The lowest, still tolerable, fluctuation range would in that case be between -4 and -2 mA. And the highest, still tolerable, fluctuation range would in that case be between 0 and +2 mA. An EHA current with a fluctuation range while driving like the one you state (“3-5mA“) is in that case certainly not “behaving nicely“, as you call it. On the contrary, it points to a number of possible problems that should definitely be taken care of ! … And it should be needless to tell someone you wants to give detailed advice about the KE-Jetronic what possible problems such an EHA current behavior points to.

It‘s really not my style but, as an exception, let me be frank in your case, dolucasi. … As I said, one of my objectives in this W126 forum (which is the only Benzworld sub-forum I‘m still active in) is to keep it as free of mistakes about the KE-Jetronic as my time allows. With what you are doing here, you are counteracting this objective. The amount of misinformation about this injection system that you are spreading in the W124 & W201 forums is more than enough reason for me to stay out there. Your urge to explain how CIS-E cars work is significantly higher than your knowledge of how they work. And if you continue to post more misinformation about the KE-Jetronic in this W126 forum, I will stay out of here too.

Now, if you‘ll excuse me, I have more important things to do … and I‘m not planing to continue this discussion.

H.D.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts