Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300SL, 2004 E320
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ref: '90 300SL Armrest/Glove Box Lid

I have purchased a new center console armrest/lid. I want to replace the old lid. It appears not to be that simple. Does anyone know of an existing thread that addresses this?? Or someone who can outline or refer me another site that describes the steps to R&R this lid?? I do not want to do any irreversible DIY damage to the console area.

Thanks,
Hz[:p]

·
Registered
1973 450sl
240 Posts
Sorry , but I don't know. I hope you wouldn't mind telling me where you got the lid and about how much it cost ?. Hope someone can help you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my lid off for a different reason - the black button had to be replaced. It was easy, but took a while because there were many small screws to remove. I followed the directions on the DVD which I bought from MBZ (Caliber Motors). If you have access to the DVD, this is is the best way to proceed. If not, let me know and I will see if I can find the directions.

·
Registered
1990 300SL, 2004 E320
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reply to:

1) PORSCHEBREATH I bought this thru craigslist for $80 . . . what-a-deal, huh!?

2) mb300b: I don't have access to the CD you describe, however, it would be much appreciated if you could briefly outline the steps that you know of.

Thanks much!
Hz[:)][:)][8D]

·
Registered
2006 SL500
144 Posts
See if this link helps. I tried to upload the specific video for your problem but it must be too big.

Anyway, it is on here.

http://www.classic-roadster.de/modules.php?set_albumName=Filme-r129-demontage&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

·
Registered
1990 300SL, 2004 E320
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dallas_sl500:
Thanks for the link site. I did see how to remove that section of the console and I think I can r&r the lid/mechanism more easily on the work bench.
It's too bad I don't read German, as I could more easily surf that site as it's loaded with great info.

Thanks again,
Hz
[:D][8D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts