Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 300E. The passenger power adjustment is not working properly. Everything works except the tilt of the back. The seat back will go back but it will not come back up. The entire seat tilt and headrest work. I know how to get the switch out but wanted some input before I spend the bucks on parts I may not need. Thank Rick in Cleveland

·
Registered
452 Posts
This is most commonly due to a gummed up switch. Pull the switch, open it up, get some electrical contact cleaner and some q tips and clean up all of the contact points.

Do it with a lot of light and some tweezers. be extremely careful when you open it up because there are springs and tiny ball bearings all over the place.

I'm assuming that you don't hear the motor trying to work when you push the switch in the direction that is malfunctioning. That means it's not getting a signal which means it's the switch.

Here's an extremely detailed write-up I did on this. Also, read the replies. A guy posted pics of what he did in another thread as well.

W124 Seat Switch - ShopForum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, thank you for the info on the seat switch. I was just ready to spend the bucks on a new switch but now I will DIY it thanks to your kindness and smarts. Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts