Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a loose connection on the left channel of radio in our 300 TE. The majority of the time both the front and rear left speakers don't work. Ocassionaly they come on for a short period after hitting a bump. The car has the original radio. I'd like to check the connector to the radio and the circuit boards inside. Can the radio be removed without taking apart the center console/dash? If so how? My father has a 90 300E with the original radio. Could they be interchanged for troubleshooting?<br> <br> Thanks for your help.<br> <br> Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ask the dealer for the "keys" to remove the radio.

There might be a couple of reasons why the radio would be doing this.<br> I would check the following:<br> 1. Connections: at the speaker and at the HU<br> 2. Wiring: make sure that the wiring has not broken or worn out due to age.<br> <br> If you are afraid of trying this, I would recommend taking it to a stereo shop. Your dealer should be able to point you to one that is well reputed in the area. <br> <br> RE using the other radio: If they are the identical model, you could try it. But do this at your own risk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts