Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes-Benz 300E W124 (Canadian Special Edition)
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new, to being a member that is, i've searched high and low, side to side, and even tried calling becker...
what i was wondering was, when i was wiring up my stereo, yes i gutted the old harness and made my own with silver/copper 16AWG and 12AWG wire.
whilst doing the inital removal of the Becker Grand Prix, my father bumped into me while i was testing wires for continuity... which caused 12v+ (switched) AKA ignition AKA remote wire and 12V+ constant, AKA Positive Lead, AKA Hot wire to come into contact, which tripped the ignition system to come on without the key being shifted into the "on" position.

i have had no lights after changing my OVP with a KAE Dual fuse, my O2 with an OEM bosch, all new OEM relays on both relay panels (by battery and behind brake booster) but after those two dag nabbid wires touched, my SRS light won't go away.

could this be because of a ground in the Anti-Theft crcuit, a 12V+ switched wire needing power, or a combination of both?

or did i screw something expensive up?

Kenwood HU don't remember model number.
Rockford Fosgate 4" and 5.25" speakers, Power series.
everything when it comes to stock wiring, has been bypassed, or re wired with thicker, less restrictive wire... except for the Anti-theft plug and ground wire for Anti-theft.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm starting to come to the conclusion... I may have fried my relay in the master relay box behind the fuses. If someone has a print out of which is which, or a link through the w124 DIY page? I'd appreciate your time. Plus 1+ rep

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody have any insight on howto troubleshoot the SRS system?
BUMP

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the light just stays on constant after hitting the button for 2 seconds. no blinks. i'm guessing the stealership is the only way to go on this one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally got it to blink!
i get 8 blinks, telling me that the original alternator needs replacing.
Bosch 80A is sitting under the hood of my parts car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the alternator is in goo working order, the regulator on the other hand was not. the contacts were grey, not brassy copper.
sand paper, dielectric grease, and some time... and the light still hasn't turned off. </3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts