Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

89 300se fuel injection electro hydraulic value

1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  a420ontime 
#1 ·
On my 89 300se ,,, I went to adjust the injection electro hydraulic value and there was only one O ring on it, and the new one I've orderd has two that come with it. I tried to fit the one O ring in the other port or hole, what ever its called and it doesn't fit !!! I've also seen pictures of the new one and the O rings fit into the hydraulic value, on my car it was in the fuel distributor . Can someone please tell me what 's going on and what to do.

#13 ·
Now something is blowing the fuse to the central locking system, the other day the doors wouldn't lock, I check the fuse box and the fuse is bad, I replace it and go to the store, when I return home the doors will not lock, the fuse is bowled again, Can anyone tell me what is causing the fuse to keep blowing?

#15 ·
The pneumatic system for the central locking is pretty much the same across models and generations, though the w126 is a lot less complicated than the r129. The systems are designed to run until all the locks change, or they time out. If you activate the system and it keeps running after the locks change, or it times out, there’s a problem with the pump. For example, my car is taking 15 seconds for one lock. That’s a long time. But, the pump stops immediately with that.

I haven’t heard of fuses blowing for the system. I’d look at the pump and see if there’s some water or some exterior cause for the short. I’d also look at what else is on the fuse. I’d think those would be more likely.

#16 ·
Yeah good idea to check the pump. Where it lives in the corner of the spare wheel well, it could have got damp perhaps. Very easy to swap for a different one as long as the connections are the same. Later cars had pumps that worked quicker.

The pump will only run on for one minute if there's a system leak or whatever. It cuts out automatically after that.

#20 ·
I had this problem in my r129’s (both). First my ‘96, which was pretty much identical to the w126 system. And then my ‘97, which added a chip system. The first time I wound up pulling the the entire lock mechanism, to no avail. Then I used I dry graphite powder lubricant where the key inserts. And it freed up the internals of the lock.

The ‘97, I jumped straight to the lubricant to avoid screwing with the chip. The dry lubricant was an instant fix.

#18 ·
You will have to remove the locking cylinder then. With luck it is just the cylinder and you get it out easily. There are instructions on this forum or elsewhere on the net. On one of his first videos Pierre Hedary shows what to do if you have bad luck and have to remove the steering lock assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.