Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 w126 300se
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if I should richen fuel mixture by fooling with the eha valve? Apparently you can take the valve off, unscrew the flat head screw on the back, turn clock wise with #2 Allen key quarter of a turn and this actually ruchens the fuel mixture. I've already set the duty cycle to 50% using volt reading method. Car runs and all it just seems sluggish at times. Sometimes the car runs pretty quick but I would say most of the time it's slightly unreasonably slow accelerating.

·
Registered
W124
4,688 Posts
Yes it can be adjusted. Search for some threads on adjusting it. But IIRC, the movement of that screw is only supposed to be done in very small increments - with a quarter turn being potentially too much.

·
Registered
1989 w126 300se
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it can be adjusted. Search for some threads on adjusting it. But IIRC, the movement of that screw is only supposed to be done in very small increments - with a quarter turn being potentially too much.
The effect of the adjustment, do you know what it would do for driving behavior?

·
Registered
W124
4,688 Posts
If done properly and in moderation, it could improve your acceleration issue and have no other impact other than minimal fuel consumption increase which you probably already considered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts