Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my window trim is black and for whatever reason it discolors every time i wash it and stains my paint.

I'll be polishing my paint soon to get the surface contaminants out but i need to do something about this trim first.

Any ideas where to buy a new set or should u just repaint them?

A pic of my girly <3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing here with my white 87. I think age just deteriorates and broke the original molecules or something, like when you over chew gum. I tried to find replacements, and a window guy over here swears he can replace them with universal window trim. You should ask your local window folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which rubber trim exactly?
On mine, it’s the length of exterior weather strip along the bottom of the window frame . It stains the paint when you wash it every time so I don’t even wash it anymore

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i wanna polish my car real nice but there's no point if the paint keeps running.

I think ill just dip them in paint thinner and then repaint them if i cant find any new ones

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah i wanna polish my car real nice but there's no point if the paint keeps running.

I think ill just dip them in paint thinner and then repaint them if i cant find any new ones
I wouldn’t paint rubber, it’ll prolly just flake off . Find a local windshield or auto glass company. They’ll lace you up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts