Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I love my current '89 300E. I'm still impressed that at 167k miles it has been very reliable, comfortable, good mpg, and it gives me the warm and fuzzies every time I drive it. It's a solid car with timeless styling in my opinion. I couldn't ask for anything more.

However, I've always wondered about the W126. It has always been on the back of my mind that the top of the line Mercedes of the same era would be much better than the W124 in terms of power, comfort, and that overall intangible feeling of driving a very well built automobile. I've seen a '91 420sel for sale recently. It's in beautiful shape inside and out, and has less that 100K miles on it.

I'm torn whether I should take the leap and step in to a W126. I wish I could keep both cars, but I would have to give-up the 300e to get the 420sel.

I'm sure a lot of you out there own or have owned both cars at some point or another. I'm really interested in your opinions on whether it would be a good move to get in to a 420sel from a 300e. I have my pros and cons in my head, but I'm interested in your pros and cons as well.

Thank you in advace for your input.

PS. I'll be posting this same post in the W126 forum as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts