Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 89 300 E has starting have a serious cold start problem. It will start but then immediately stall. After 4 or 5 starts it will run. Once I get going it runs fine. If I let it set for an hour or more it will take 2 or 3 starts to get going. Had it serviced, didn't help. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Sure, your fuel injectors are going bad! I know because i just had my car doing the same thing. The had been replaced in [email protected] 75000 miles, now 5 years later @ 111,900 miles their spray pattern is bad and they were experiencing leak down. Some will say fuel accumulator, but these will rarely go bad says my MB tech of 15 years. Expect to pat about $300-350 at the dealer for the oem bosch injectors and they bill @ about 2.5 hours for repair when the job takes an experienced MB mechanic one hour. about a $750 retail job. Now my car starts w/o having to excessively crank it over, floor the gas pedal,etc. If i waited an hour mine would hard start again also. One thing i tried was turning key to #2 position a few times w/o starting to build pressure and that worked once in a while. good luck, bc
p.s. how many miles and past maintenance history?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts