Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300TE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question: I like the AT Italia type 8 in the 16" size matched with the Continental sport tyres. This being the case, will the rims have the same flush look were the bolting is as the stock rims (I was at my mechanics garage and a saw a 300 with after market rims and the bolting protruded from the rim.It looked bad) I have noticed that with the Continental tyres they have a good range I am a modest driver that does not bend every corner and I mostly stay under 90mph what would be a good tyre for me? I have had Continental tyres in the past and have had good luck. If you have any other suggestions I would welcome them. Thank you, have a good day!

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
if I understand what you are saying the bolts will not extend past the face of the wheel...

if I understand what you are saying the bolts will not extend past the face of the wheel at all ,,,, if you actually mean the wheels stick out past the fenders the Type 8's will not do that either .... Conti's are decent tires

·
Registered
1988 300TE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Luke

You were correct about the lug nuts not cresting the face of the wheel. I like the type 9's because of their conservative yet sporty looks.Thank you, have been a help to me, this is a great service. You will be hearing from me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts