Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

88 190E Problems

909 1
I am new to the Mercedes 88 190E 2.6 having owned one for 1 week, but looks like I will have to learn fast!
1. There is a red/white wire under the dash that goes to the power seats recline and head rest up/down. It used to be hot, but the four pronged connector right under the driver’s seat fell apart and I put it together obviously wrong…Anyone know the color code for the four pronged plug and where is the fuse located for this???? Not in the fuse box, that I can tell. I bought a Haynes book for this but it is near useless.
2. Where is the low side a/c plug? Trying to convert it to R-134 and I can even find it….
3. The no.1 Spark plug hole is completely stripped and actually shot the plug right out. I don’t want to remove the head for this…any suggestions?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,150 Posts
No.1 Plug

Can't help with the first two. In the U.K. there are numerous mobile companies that will come out, and re helicoil the stripped plug threads.

If you ask around at some local garages, I'm sure there will be one near you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.