Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing two seemingly unrelated but strange problems.

The first is the engine idle, it will not lower itself to normal speed, currently it idles @ 2,000 rpm. Engine cold or at normal temperature, makes no difference
Throttle linkage does not appear to be binding.
Second problem is whenever the motor experiences this high idle, the ABS warning light comes and stays on, this has me baffled.
This problem has been intermittent for maybe the past 2 months, but now is constant, the vehicle has become a hazard to drive

I have consulted the factory shop manual (CD form), to no avail.
Can anyone offer insight?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,267 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
You can also complete your profile with the car mod and location, by clicking 'User CP' on the top tool bar, to make it easier for members to offer advice.
Also, please make sure to carefully read the 'Welcome to the Forum' announcement / tutorial sticky on top.
It will show how to run a forum search (needs words of more than 3 letters), etc., and save you, and others, valuable time.
The forum archive has a wealth of information available at your finger tips.
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem solved

Do a search on OVP or overvoltage protection relay.
Red cap, 10A fuse (or fuses).

gr J
Thank You sir, for your response.

I had consulted with the local M-B service dept. shop foreman and he advised that I check the exact same relay. He went on to say that I might get lucky and just have a blown fuse, but that was not the case. After replacing the component, the engine idle resumed normal speed and the ABS warning light extinguished.
Needless to say I am very much relieved, the vehicle is now safe to operate
One can only wonder what other strange problems this malfunctioning unit could of caused.

Regards,

Jeff Lee

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In order to protect themselves from a high voltage the components shut down.
Clever thinking by the engineers.:thumbsup:
Glad it worked out and you reported back. This might help someone else, using the searchfunction, in the future.

gr J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts